You just spread the berries over the top of the batter and the batter rises up around it and the berries sink. We also triple the recipe (teenage boys).
1. Cream butter and sugar until smooth and well blended.
2. Sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
3. Add flour mixture a little at a time alternately with the milk, beating just until the thick batter is smooth.
4. Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9-inch square baking pan (it will rise to the top while baking).
5. Pour berries or fruit and their liquid over batter. Sprinkle with sugar to taste.
Oh - I dont sift either - just stir well.
I live in wild blackberry country (Hi, Dot) so thats what we use. We also put a little cinnamon in the sugar.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (984g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 438 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.7g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.8g||149 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 124.5mg||38 %|
|Sodium 761.2mg||26 %|
|Potassium 795.4mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 522.5g||154 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.1g||48 %|
|Sugars, other 510.4g|
|Protein 20.8g||30 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2539
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.