Top-ranked recipe named "Blackberry Cobbler 3"
You just spread the berries over the top of the batter and the batter rises up around it and the berries sink. We also triple the recipe (teenage boys).
"Recipe did not have cooking directions; I cooked at 375 until golden golden brown. Not too sweet (I LIKE)."
1. Cream butter and sugar until smooth and well blended.
2. Sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
3. Add flour mixture a little at a time alternately with the milk, beating just until the thick batter is smooth.
4. Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9-inch square baking pan (it will rise to the top while baking).
5. Pour berries or fruit and their liquid over batter. Sprinkle with sugar to taste.
Oh - I dont sift either - just stir well.
I live in wild blackberry country (Hi, Dot) so thats what we use. We also put a little cinnamon in the sugar.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
Cooknumberone 2 years agoHow long does this bake and at what temp? I used 400 degr. and 30 minutes; I made a double batch and it was yummy.
vince2176 5 years agoNo bake temperature or time
Mogo 6 years agoI am uploading a photo - one thing left out - instructions on how to bake.... degrees??? How long???
stevemur 6 years agoWe've updated the text -- it should read one eight of a teaspoon of salt (1/8). Thanks!
tonymjr 6 years agoCan someone provide the proper amount of salt? 3/23 teaspoon cannot be right -- I've used 1/4 teaspoon and it worked fine.
stevemur 9 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
dianagele 9 years agoRecipe did not have cooking directions; I cooked at 375 until golden golden brown. Not too sweet (I LIKE).
dianagele 9 years agomodifications: I moved notes over, numbered the steps and corrected 'unsifted all-purpose' to 'all purpose flour, unsifted'. Just bought blackberries; looking foward to using this recipe! Mm!
dianagele 9 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]