Ready in 45 minutes
You just spread the berries over the top of the batter and the batter rises up around it and the berries sink. We also triple the recipe (teenage boys).
1. Cream butter and sugar until smooth and well blended.
2. Sift the flour with baking powder and salt.
3. Add flour mixture a little at a time alternately with the milk, beating just until the thick batter is smooth.
4. Spread the batter evenly in a greased 9-inch square baking pan (it will rise to the top while baking).
5. Pour berries or fruit and their liquid over batter. Sprinkle with sugar to taste.
Oh - I dont sift either - just stir well.
I live in wild blackberry country (Hi, Dot) so thats what we use. We also put a little cinnamon in the sugar.
Cooknumberone 3y agoHow long does this bake and at what temp? I used 400 degr. and 30 minutes; I made a double batch and it was yummy.
vince2176 6y agoNo bake temperature or time
Mogo 6y agoI am uploading a photo - one thing left out - instructions on how to bake.... degrees??? How long???
stevemur 7y agoWe've updated the text -- it should read one eight of a teaspoon of salt (1/8). Thanks!
tonymjr 7y agoCan someone provide the proper amount of salt? 3/23 teaspoon cannot be right -- I've used 1/4 teaspoon and it worked fine.
stevemur 10y ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
dianagele 10y agoRecipe did not have cooking directions; I cooked at 375 until golden golden brown. Not too sweet (I LIKE).
dianagele 10y agomodifications: I moved notes over, numbered the steps and corrected "unsifted all-purpose" to "all purpose flour, unsifted". Just bought blackberries; looking foward to using this recipe! Mm!
dianagele 10y ago[I made edits to this recipe.]