Ready in 20 minutes
Traditionally, this dish is often made with veal but chicken works just as well.
"The first time I had Chicken Marsala was at a restaurant owned by my ex boyfriend. His family immigrated from Sicily years ago and opened one of the best local Italian restaurants in the area. It was the only thing that I craved for months. When we split up I longed for it but I did not want to go back to the restaurant. I remember watching him make it but for the life of me I couldn't remember what went in it! I Love this recipe, it's almost identical. All it's missing is some Sicilian love. "
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper and coat lightly with flour.
2. Heat 1 T olive oil and butter over medium-high heat and cook chicken until both sides are lightly browned, approx. 3-4 minutes, set aside on plate.
3. Add the other tablespoon of olive oil and sauté garlic until softened.
4. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper and sauté until tender, approx. 3 minutes.
5. Add marsala to deglaze pan and simmer a few minutes as it reduces.
6. Return chicken to pan and cook until heated through; add one tablespoon of butter into sauce.
SusanEdgar 2m agoUse 4 chicken thighs = 340 per serving
nessadot 2m ago11/11/15: Henry ate it and liked it
bwatts15 3m agoabsolutely delicious
robbgriffin 7m agoIt's a keeper!
Dogsoldier 9m agoGreat recipe
cherie12345 1y agoThought the Marsla was a little strong.
adina1029 1y agoIt turned out really well. It was very easy to make. I steamed some broccoli as a side dish. My husband enjoyed it he said normally it is sweeter in restaurants but he really enjoyed it. It heated up really well as leftovers.
hollyburnetthalfman 1y agoLoved it! My friends that were over for dinner thought it was awesome too!
Bdewalt 2y agoI've made chicken marsala in the past but this recipe has to be my favorite.
iljordan 3y agoWonderful and so easy! I will be making this again!