1. Heat oil in the skillet to 375 degrees F while you prepare the other ingredients.
2. Beat an egg with the milk in a small bowl and and set the mixture aside.
3. Combine all other ingredients except the chicken in a separate large bowl. Taste the resulting spice mixture and adjust the seasonings to taste.
4. Place one piece of chicken in the spice mixture, then into the egg mixture, and then back into the spice mixture. Shake off any extra mixture, as it will fall off and make your oil dirty.
5. Place the chicken directly into a skillet set to 375 degrees. If you do not have a thermometer, you will know that the skillet is ready when a few drops of water pop in the oil. Make sure you have enough oil to submerge half of the thickest piece of chicken. Add as many pieces as will fit, but do not crowd the skillet; allow enough room so that the chicken can move around freely in the oil and the pieces do not touch.
6. Brown the chicken on both sides, then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for approximately 30 minutes, turning once after the first 15 minutes. Use tongs to prevent the crust from falling off. After approximately 30 minutes check the chicken for doneness.
7. Remove the chicken and place it on a cookie rack over some paper towels. Do not place on directly on the paper towels, as it will not allow the oil to properly drain from the chicken. Allow to rest a few minutes before serving.
8. Use fresh oil if you need to cook a second batch of chicken.
There are no reviews yet for Cornstarch fried chicken. Be the first to review it!
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!