This loaf rises well, has a dark crust, a soft texture with a good bite, and great flavor. It is fairly high in protein and fiber (a two slice sandwich has ~25% RDA of each before you put anything between the slices).
1. Place ingredients in bread machine in the order recommended by manufacturer (typically liquids, salt, oil.sweeterer, then flour and other
ingredients). All ingredients should be at room temperature.
2. Set for dough cycle (see Note) and start the machine. Check the dough after 20-30 minutes. The dough ball should be smooth firm and slightly
tacky. If too dry or lumpy, add water a teaspoon at a tine to get right. If too moist, add flour a teaspoon at a time. (let kneading continue for a
minute or so between additions).
3. At end of dough cycle remove the dough ball to a floured countertop. Roll/form into a loaf shape. Place in pan or allow to rise as free form loaf. Let rise for 40 minutes in warm place.
4. Make a 1/8" vent slash alont the top of the loaf. Bake until well browned (25-27 minutes) in a preheated oven. See note below for oven temperature suggestions. Spray loaf, and inside of oven
with water 3 or 4 times during eary stages of baking,( about 1-2 minutes apart) for a crustier loaf.
5. Turn out onto rack and let cool. Store in a plasic bag.
Note: If you prefer to let the machine do the full kneading and baking, set the machine for full cycle with light crust (the soy flour browns faster
than other flours). I find I get 100% consistent results using the dough cycle and oven baking - just my preference.
Oven Temperature and Baking Preference Notes:
- Oven baking in glass (Pyrex) pan: Preheat to 350F, lower to 340F after putting loaf in oven
- Oven baking in metal pan: Preheat to 360F, lower to 350F after putting loaf in oven
- Oven baking free form loaf: Preheat to 360F, leave. Use baking parchment on a cookie sheed or Pizza stone.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (60g)|
|Recipe Makes: 11|
|Calories from Fat: 46 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.1g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 1.1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 15.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 400.1mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.6g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 21.9g|
|Protein 12g||17 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 191
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.