Top-ranked recipe named "Peanut Butter Chicken"
Quick, easy and not your everyday fare.
"What a wonderful picture. I made it tonight. It was "Kiss the Cook" good! A definite favorite. I used thighs instead of breasts and they worked fine. "
1. Heat the 3/4 water (microwave is fine) and soak the shiitake mushroom caps.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes between 1/2" and 1".
3. Roughly chop the onion.
4. Heat the oil over medium heat and add chicken. Turn pieces after about 2 minutes. Cook until white on both sides.
5. Add onion and pepper flakes and sautee for about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
6. Take out shiitake caps, reserving the water. Remove the stems and slice.
7. Add shiitake caps, water, bouillon, cherry tomatoes (and juice). Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
8. Stir in peanut butter. Cook for about 5 more minutes. Add sriracha sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
Get the free BigOven app on your phone.
Quickly find any recipe anywhere!
dufffyk 2 years ago
Damondirksen 3 years agoPretty good. I used thigh meat. I will make again, but maybe add a little more heat of some kind, and thicken the sauce more.
teeamarria 4 years agoMy family loves peanut butter, but my kids didn't care for this recipe. It seemed to me like it was missing something and yes i followed the recipe exactly
Mgoblue 5 years agoSpicy, easy and great peanut flavor!
ReneeM 7 years ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
promfh 8 years agoWhat a wonderful picture. I made it tonight. It was 'Kiss the Cook' good! A definite favorite. I used thighs instead of breasts and they worked fine.
cajuntoast 8 years agoKeeps well. Great served with rice or couscous. [I posted this recipe.]