1. Heat the 3/4 water (microwave is fine) and soak the shiitake mushroom caps.
2. Cut the chicken into cubes between 1/2" and 1".
3. Roughly chop the onion.
4. Heat the oil over medium heat and add chicken. Turn pieces after about 2 minutes. Cook until white on both sides.
5. Add onion and pepper flakes and sautee for about 5 minutes, stirring once or twice.
6. Take out shiitake caps, reserving the water. Remove the stems and slice.
7. Add shiitake caps, water, bouillon, cherry tomatoes (and juice). Cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
8. Stir in peanut butter. Cook for about 5 more minutes. Add sriracha sauce, salt and pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (209g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 71 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.9g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 65mg||20 %|
|Sodium 159.5mg||5 %|
|Potassium 494.7mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.3g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 5.7g|
|Protein 28.8g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, menu plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe
DamondirksenPretty good. I used thigh meat. I will make again, but maybe add a little more heat of some kind, and thicken the sauce more.4y ago
teeamarriaMy family loves peanut butter, but my kids didn't care for this recipe. It seemed to me like it was missing something and yes i followed the recipe exactly5y ago
MgoblueSpicy, easy and great peanut flavor!6y ago
ReneeM[I made edits to this recipe.]8y ago
promfhWhat a wonderful picture. I made it tonight. It was "Kiss the Cook" good! A definite favorite. I used thighs instead of breasts and they worked fine.9y ago
cajuntoastKeeps well. Great served with rice or couscous. [I posted this recipe.]9y ago