Another "Spicy Cheeseburger Soup" recipe ranks higher.
This is a great Potato - Hamburger soup and a nice alternative to plain potato soup. It is spicy with the addition of a can of Rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with chili peppers added) - if you don't want it to be spicey, just add a can of plain diced tomatoes. This soup freezes well. I freeze it in Hefty disposable containers and warm it in the microwave for a quick meal.
by Khandi Howard
1. In a 3 quart saucepan, brown beef.
2. In the same saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle flour over all, then continue to cook about 2 minutes.
4. Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Reduce heat to low.
7. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
8. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
9. (makes 2 1/4 quarts).