This is a great Potato - Hamburger soup and a nice alternative to plain potato soup. It is spicy with the addition of a can of Rotel tomatoes (tomatoes with chili peppers added) - if you don't want it to be spicey, just add a can of plain diced tomatoes. This soup freezes well. I freeze it in Hefty disposable containers and warm it in the microwave for a quick meal.
by Khandi Howard
1. In a 3 quart saucepan, brown beef.
2. In the same saucepan, saute onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley in 1 tablespoon butter until vegetables are tender about 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle flour over all, then continue to cook about 2 minutes.
4. Add broth, tomatoes, potatoes and beef; bring to a boil.
5. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
6. Reduce heat to low.
7. Add cheese, milk, salt and pepper; cook and stir until cheese melts.
8. Remove from the heat; blend in sour cream.
9. (makes 2 1/4 quarts).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (460g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6|
|Calories from Fat: 366 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 40.6g||54 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.6g||103 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 117.5mg||36 %|
|Sodium 924mg||32 %|
|Potassium 974.5mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 28.8g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||16 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 25.1g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 578
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe