Top-ranked recipe named "Surprise in a Biscuit"
"My kids claim this to be one of the best things they've ever eaten."
"My nieces loved making these delicious, easy to prepare biscuits. Our entire family loved eating them. Next time I may soften the filling by sauteing the apple pieces, brown sugar and cinnamon in a little butter and maybe a splash of apple juice."- sgrishka
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Slice biscuits horizontally. Roll biscuit halves out to almost twice their size.
3) In a small bowl, combine apple pieces, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
4) Place a heaping spoonful of apple mixture in the middle of each biscuit. Wrap biscuit around apples and pinch seam together. Place on a large baking sheet - seam side down. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar.
5) Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Combine powdered sugar and apple juice. Drizzle over warm biscuits.
Kodi1 1 month agoAwesome . Can't wait to try other fillings. Thanks for sharing this :)
deptydawg 3 months agogreat taste and easy to make. I also made them using can of diced apple pie filling, works great.
ezflushplumbing 6 months agoTurned out so good! Love the fact that you can experiment with the filling in the middle.
Ange325 1 year agoSooooo good! I didn't use the apple juice and powdered sugar and it was till good. I bet it's amazing with the glaze.
eleya_maureen 1 year agoThese are great and super easy to make. I sautéed the apples before I placed in dough just make sure you let apples cool before wrapping. I didn't do apple juice and sugar and they are still excellent
mrsjhamilton 1 year agoThis recipe is awesome!
FullMetalBlonde 1 year agoloved these! also did it with sausage egg and cheese in the middle, so good!
ashlane3 1 year ago
kern92912 1 year agoNo applejuice so i substituted water. Delicious! Used as a dessert
Czwhiz 1 year agoOk recipe- neat idea but my troops didn't go nuts over them. I made Brie and apple ones and they made a mess. I may try a different combo next time.