1. To make the filling, heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium high heat and add the cummin seeds. Let them sizzle for a few seconds.
2. Add the potatoes and green chilli and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the turmeric and salt and, stirring occasionally, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the peas and the ground roasted cumin. Stir to mix. Cover, lower the heat and cook a further 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Cool.
4. To make the dough, sieve together the flour and salt. Rub in the oil. Add enough water to form a stiff dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
5. Divide into 12 balls. Roll each ball into a round of about 15cm/6" across. Cut in half.
6. Pick up one half, flatten it slightly and form a cone, sealing the overlapping edge with a little water. Fill the cone with 1.5 tsp of the filling and seal the top with a little water.
7. Make all the samosas in the same way.
8. Heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium heat. Put as many samosas as you can into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden. Drain. Serve with a chutney or your favourite chilli or tomato sauce. Source: Mum Posted to T.nt (sdm-marked) - Prodigys Recipe Exchange Newsletter by "I. Chaudhary" ~~ltimranc~~at;onthenet.com.au> on Jul 7, 1997
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (239g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 132 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.6g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.2g||6 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 12.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 664.1mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 68.6g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 63.8g|
|Protein 10g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 443
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from. Try BigOven Pro for Free for 30 days.
Keep all your recipes with free BigOven membership. Clip recipes, make grocery lists, meal plans and more!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe