Try this Vegetable Samosas recipe, or contribute your own.
1. To make the filling, heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium high heat and add the cummin seeds. Let them sizzle for a few seconds.
2. Add the potatoes and green chilli and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the turmeric and salt and, stirring occasionally, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Add the peas and the ground roasted cumin. Stir to mix. Cover, lower the heat and cook a further 10 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Cool.
4. To make the dough, sieve together the flour and salt. Rub in the oil. Add enough water to form a stiff dough. Knead for 10 minutes until smooth.
5. Divide into 12 balls. Roll each ball into a round of about 15cm/6" across. Cut in half.
6. Pick up one half, flatten it slightly and form a cone, sealing the overlapping edge with a little water. Fill the cone with 1.5 tsp of the filling and seal the top with a little water.
7. Make all the samosas in the same way.
8. Heat the oil in a karahi(wok) over medium heat. Put as many samosas as you can into the hot oil and fry until crisp and golden. Drain. Serve with a chutney or your favourite chilli or tomato sauce. Source: Mum Posted to T.nt (sdm-marked) - Prodigys Recipe Exchange Newsletter by "I. Chaudhary" ~~ltimranc~~at;onthenet.com.au> on Jul 7, 1997
MaijaChef 3y agoI only did the filling, and really enjoyed it, thank you so much. At first I thought the amount of spices were really less, but in all simplicity it brought out the good flavour of potatoes and pees. Next time I will try to add some caramelized onions and a hint of coriander to it.
Shanna304 4y agoJust made sum veryyy nice
paigehuff 5y agoMy daughter made these for a school project. Definitely used wonton wrappers to save time. Recipe and chef gets an A! Thanks.
Brigita18 5y agoOne of my favs foods that comes from the nicest place it's nice a spicy that what I love about it
dietitian 6y ago
brian08 7y agoExcellent,simple filling maybe add some coriander next time,I served this with pakora sauce,chilled tiger beer and the champions league bliss
stevemur 9y ago[I made edits to this recipe.]
promfh 10y agoTry using WonTon wrappers to save time on Samosas. We do them that way all the time and it works well.
lrnin2cook 10y agoPreparation of the dough does take some time. I am thinking of simply using tortillas next time, since my time is very limited. That being said, the filling was excellent!
Chief17 12y agoMy mum totally loved this samosa and said that i would have to get her the recipe