My version of a bunch of different recipes to get my “vegetarian” son, my won’t eat anything but Oreo’s 2nd son and my screeching at me until I cool it off fast enough for her to eat toddler to eat something other than eggs for breakfast. They are moist and yummy muffins that are a little bit healthy without the “healthy” taste.
1. Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. (my oven runs hot so I had to adjust the temp)
2. Soak Bran in buttermilk while you mix other ingredients (at least 5 minutes).
3. Mix melted butter, sugar, vanilla, and molasses together.
4. Add eggs one by one.
5. Add bananas. I had four so I added them all. I like a little chunkier banana in my muffin so I only mashed a little. Add bran/buttermilk mixture.
6. In a separate bowl mix flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flax. Mix gently but don’t over mix.
7. Pour into greased or lined muffin tin. Bake about 20 – 25 minutes. (I used big muffin tins)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (175g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10|
|Calories from Fat: 93 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.4g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.4g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 140.9mg||43 %|
|Sodium 284.8mg||10 %|
|Potassium 457mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 65.4g||19 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 61.7g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 392
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.