1.In a kettle, cook the green pepper and onion in oil over moderate heat, til softened.
2. Add tomoatoes with juice, tomato paste, wine, herbs, red pepper flakes and parsley sprig.
3. Bring to a boil, stirring. Cook at bare simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for 90 minutes.
4. While the mixture is cooking, shell and devein the shrimp, halve the scallops if nec, and cut cod or halibut into chunks.
5. Add the museels, discarding any that have opened before cooking. Turn up the heat and cook about 4 minutes.
6. Add shrimp and scallops and simmer another minute or two.
7. Add Cod; ladle sauce over it or stir very gently and cook a few more minutes til fish is flaky.
8. Garnish with parsley
Can use clams instead of mussels if you prefer: about 24, cleaned
See also superb paella from Jim
Serve with salad and homemade artisan bread
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (532g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 37 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.1g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 155.4mg||48 %|
|Sodium 463.2mg||16 %|
|Potassium 941.8mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 12.5g|
|Protein 33.2g||47 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 301
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.