1. Chop about 1/3 of apple slices into small pieces and combine with slices.
2. Place apples and fresh lemon juice in a large bowl; toss well to coat. Stir together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and salt in a bowl; add to apple mixture and toss well to combine.
3. Sprinkle small amount of flour/sugar combination into bottom of 9-in unbaked pie crust and then spoon apples in; packing lightly to fill crust. Sprinkle diced butter over apples.
4. Cut second crust into 10 3/4-inch strips. Arrange strips in lattice design over filling; trim strips to be even with bottom crust's 1-inch overhang. Fold dough edges under, and crimp. Place pie on a rimmed baking sheet.
5. Sprinkle crust with sugar and bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350. Loosely cover pie with foil. Bake until crust is golden brown, approximately 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes, removing foil for last 10 minutes to finish browning crust.
6. Transfer pie to wire rack, and cool completely, about 3 hours. Serve with Caramel sauce.
To make caramel sauce:
Add 1 c sugar, and 1/4 cup water to small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and boil until mixture becomes syrupy, stirring constantly. Continue to cook of high until mixture turns to an amber color. Remove from heat and add butter, 3/4 cup of heavy cream, 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Whisk until smooth. Store in air-tight container.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (89g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 64 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.1g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g||22 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 23.1mg||7 %|
|Sodium 14108.6mg||487 %|
|Potassium 38.2mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 19.2g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 142
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!