1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Melt 2 TBSP butter in a frying pan
3. Add the apples and cook over medium heat, stirring, until they are tender and the moisture from the apples is almost
4. Remove from the heat and set aside.
5. In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
6. Cut in the remaining 4 TBSP butter until the mixture is crumbly.
7. Add the heavy cream and apples and mix by hand until the entire mixture holds together in a ball.
8. Place the ball on a floured surface and knead gently 5 or 6 times.
9. Pat the dough into a circle 8-10 inches in diameter.
10. Sprinkle with sugar, then cut into 12 pie-shaped wedges.
11. Transfer to a greased baking sheet and bake 20-25 minutes or until the scones turn golden brown.
12. Serve warm with butter, Devonshire cream or whipped cream and jelly.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (988g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 843 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 93.6g||125 %|
|Saturated Fat 58.8g||294 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 274.3mg||84 %|
|Sodium 19376.5mg||668 %|
|Potassium 712.6mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 347.9g||102 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24 %|
|Sugars, other 341.9g|
|Protein 10.7g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2205
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!