For the shredded beef:
1. Cook beef with vegetables and water in a pressure cooker for 30 minutes. Reserve a cup of broth and shred beef finely. Set aside.
2. Sauté the onion, pepper, tomato and sweet chili pepper in hot oil in the same pot.
3. Add Worcestershire sauce, cumin, garlic, tomato paste, broth, salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add shredded beef. Cook for 20 minutes over low heat or until the liquid evaporates.
For the black beans:
1. Pour oil in a pressure cooker and sauté bacon, onion, pepper, sweet chili pepper and garlic for 5 minutes. Add cumin powder and cilantro leaves.
2. Drain water from the beans and add them to the sautéed vegetables.
3. Pour 4 cups of water and cook the beans with vegetables for 20-30 minutes. Release steam and remove the lid very carefully. Cook for 10 more minutes, without the lid until the liquid evaporates.
For the plantain and cheese:
1. Deep-fry plantain slices until golden brown and drain over paper towels.
2. Fill each arepa with a portion of shredded beef, black beans, two fried plantain slices and grated white cheese.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (552g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 751 (86%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 83.4g||111 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.8g||39 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 48g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 23.6g|
|Cholesterol 10mg||3 %|
|Sodium 240.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 736mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.1g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.3g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 23.7g|
|Protein 7.5g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 873
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.