Try this Oats & Sweet Potato Arepa recipe, or contribute your own.Suggest a better description
Source: Recipe by Marcela Gil
1. Process the sweet potato with the water with a food processor or a blender until you have a soft and smooth mixture.
2. Pour the sweet potato puree, add oats, salt in a bowl and gradually add P.A.N. Pre-cooked White Corn Meal while constantly stirring so that it has no lumps. Knead to incorporate every ingredient and obtaining a soft and smooth dough, that has the color of the sweet potato.
3. Separate the dough in 4-6 equal portions and flatten to form 1 inch thick disks.
4. Add a teaspoon of oil and grease the bottom of a pan on medium heat. Cook the arepas for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Fill with pulled pork and tomato slices. Season to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (147g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 20mg||1 %|
|Potassium 270.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 16.3g|
|Protein 3.9g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 104
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.