1. Process the sweet potato with the water with a food processor or a blender until you have a soft and smooth mixture.
2. Pour the sweet potato puree, add oats, salt in a bowl and gradually add P.A.N. Pre-cooked White Corn Meal while constantly stirring so that it has no lumps. Knead to incorporate every ingredient and obtaining a soft and smooth dough, that has the color of the sweet potato.
3. Separate the dough in 4-6 equal portions and flatten to form 1 inch thick disks.
4. Add a teaspoon of oil and grease the bottom of a pan on medium heat. Cook the arepas for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Fill with pulled pork and tomato slices. Season to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (147g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 12 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.4g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 20mg||1 %|
|Potassium 270.8mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 16.3g|
|Protein 3.9g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 104
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!