1. Cream butter and sugar. Save 1 tsp. of baking powder and sift the rest of the dry ingredients 3 times. Add to creamed sugar alternating with water, beating well. Add flavorings.
2. Beat egg whites to a froth. Add 1 tsp baking powder and beat until stiff. Fold into batter.
3. Pour batter into greased pan or pans.
4. If using 2 9- inch rounds, bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees. If using loaf pan, bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees but must test for doneness--could take 45 minutes.
1. Mix cocoa and sugar.
2. Cream part of cocoa mixture with butter.
3. Blend in vanilla and 1/2 of milk.
4. Add remaining cocoa mix and glen well.
5. Add remaining milk and beat to desired consistency adding milk if desired.
**Aunt Eulalia was Gil's father's older sister, who was an unmarried home economist working for Amana. She helped pay for Gil's college, probably the first of his family to go to college.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (3638g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2243 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 249.2g||332 %|
|Saturated Fat 151g||755 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 63.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.3g|
|Cholesterol 642.8mg||198 %|
|Sodium 139779.9mg||4820 %|
|Potassium 3057.9mg||80 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1400.9g||412 %|
|Dietary Fiber 27.4g||110 %|
|Sugars, other 1373.5g|
|Protein 156.4g||223 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 8414
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!