1) Heat air fryer to 400° F.
2) Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit. Use a large spoon to scoop the flesh out of the peel in one piece. Discard the peel, then cut each half lengthwise into thirds (that is, into longish wedges).
3) Set up and fill three shallow soup plates or small pie plates on your counter: one for the flour; one for the orange juice and lime juice, whisked together; and one for the bread crumbs, cornmeal, and chili powder, whisked until well combined.
4) Dredge an avocado wedge in the flour so that it's evenly coated on all sides. Set it in the juice mixture and turn gently without knocking off the flour. Pick it up and set it in the bread crumb mixture. Gently rub it on all sides until evenly coated. Set the wedges on a cutting board and continue with the triple-dip process for the remaining wedges.
5) Generously coat the avocado wedges on all sides with vegetable oil spray. Arrange the wedges in the basket in one layer and air-fry undisturbed for 8 minutes, or until crisp and brown.
6) Use a nonstick-safe spatula, and perhaps a fork for balance, to transfer the (hot!) wedges to a wire rack of serving platter. Sprinkle with salt, and cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (104g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 55 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.1g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.9g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 46.9mg||2 %|
|Potassium 302.6mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.1g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.6g||18 %|
|Sugars, other 34.5g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 226
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!