1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. For the cilantro sauce: In a blender, combine the mayonnaise, cilantro and the garlic until thick and creamy. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the water and salt and gradually add the P.A.N. Pre-cooked Yellow Corn Flour. Knead until the dough is smooth yet firm. Shape into 12 equal-sized balls and cover with a damp cloth to prevent them from drying out while you make the arepas.
4. Flatten two balls into hand-sized disks. Place a slice of ham and cheese on one of the disks. Cover with the other disk and seal the edges. Repeat with all of the balls.
5. In a hot pan or griddle, cook the arepas for 5 minutes per side. Place them in the oven while you prepare the eggs.
6. For the poached eggs: Fill a pot with water and heat until you begin to see the first bubbles, making sure not to bring the water to a roiling boil. Crack and egg into a small bowl lined with plastic wrap and season with salt and pepper. Using kitchen twine, close the plastic wrap to form a small bag. Place the egg into the water and cook for 7-8 minutes.
7. To serve: Pour a bit of sauce onto a plate to hold the arepa in place. Set the arepa down and place the egg on top. Finish with more cilantro sauce and a bit of minced parsley for garnish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (271g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 176 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 19.6g||26 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 40.9mg||13 %|
|Sodium 1088.9mg||38 %|
|Potassium 344mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.6g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 13.1g|
|Protein 12.3g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 281
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!