1. Make the brine by combining all of the ingredients, and mixing well. Place the chicken in a plastic bag, add the marinade, and place in the refrigerator for about 8 hours, but at least 2 hours.
2. Mix the flour and seasonings together in a large flat pan like a jelly roll pan (I use a half chafer pan 'cause of the high sides. Take the chicken out of the bag with tongs, lay in the flour mixture then turn over. Take 3 legs and 3 thighs out to coat with this flour mixture. Rub the flour into the chicken with your hands, don't shake off the excess and place in a pan to get ready for frying.
3. Heat the oil to about 300 degrees in a black frying pan, and place the chicken in being careful not to splash the oil.
4. Leave the chicken alone for 10 - 12 minutes. When you start to see some blood being forced out of the chicken (this means that the chicken is cooking), carefully turn them over. Leave another 10 - 12 minutes. The second side should be well colored.
5. Take them out with tongs letting them drain back into the pan prior to placing on paper towels.
6. To make a crispier chicken, change the way you flour the pieces. Get 3 bowls going. One with the seasoned flour, the next with beaten egg and milk, and the third with seasoned flour. Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, then the egg mixture, then the seasoned flour again.
7. Place a pieces of parchment paper in a sheet pan, and place the wrapped water chestnuts on so that they don't touch.
Serve while hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (655g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 831 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 92.3g||123 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.2g||146 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 36.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 20g|
|Cholesterol 258mg||79 %|
|Sodium 4427.5mg||153 %|
|Potassium 742.9mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 120.7g||36 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 115.7g|
|Protein 57.6g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1552
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!