1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2-qt. round baking dish; set aside.
2. For topping, in a skillet melt butter over medium heat. Add sage leaves; cook 4 minutes or until just starting to crisp and butter is browned. Transfer sage to paper towels. Set sage and butter aside to cool.
3. In a bowl combine flour, the 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a 2-cup measure comine buttermilk, cooled butter, and egg. Add to dry ingredients; stir until just combined.
4. For filling, in a large heatproof bowl toss together blackberries and flour. In a medium saucepan combine the 1 cup sugar, water, the chopped sage, and lemon peel over medium heat. Bring to boiling. Cook 1 minute, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat. Immediately pour over berries; toss to coat. Transfer berry mixture to prepared dish.
5. Pour batter over berry mixture. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until topping is golden and berry mixture is thick and bubbly. Let stand 30 minutes before serving. Top with reserved sage leaves.
Makes 8 servings.
Source: Better Homes and Gardens
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1920g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1018 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 113.1g||151 %|
|Saturated Fat 68g||340 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.4g|
|Cholesterol 283.6mg||87 %|
|Sodium 70351.3mg||2426 %|
|Potassium 2409.7mg||63 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 271.2g||80 %|
|Dietary Fiber 67g||268 %|
|Sugars, other 204.1g|
|Protein 26.1g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2091
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!