Oven temp: 425F / 220C / Gas Mark 7
1. Preheat the oven to 425. Grease a baking sheet.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. Rub in the butter or margarine with your fingertips until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
3. Gradually pour in the buttermilk, stirring with a fork to form a soft dough.
4. Roll out the dough until 1/2 inch thick. (I often make mine thicker and roll it into one large circle). Cut into wedges with a sharp knife.
5. Place on the baking sheet and bake until golden, 12-15 minutes.
Fluffy and delicious scones!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (16g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.4g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 6.1mg||2 %|
|Sodium 82.9mg||3 %|
|Potassium 19mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.8g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 9.4g|
|Protein 1.4g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 67
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.