This is a moist and luscious cake, perfect for the holidays or as a morning coffee cake. The caramel topping can be left off if you want a less sweet cake, but it really makes the cake look like a caramel apple. The cake will store nicely in an airtight keeper at room temperature 3 to 4 days.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Generously grease a Bundt or tube cake pan.
3. Cream together the eggs, oil and sugar in a large bowl.
4. Stir in the vanilla extract.
5. Add flour, a little at a time. Blend well.
6. Fold in apples and nuts.
7. Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour or until golden brown.
8. Let cake cool in the pan for 30 minutes. Remove from pan and place on a plate.
1. Mix butter, sugar and milk in a saucepan.
2. Bring to a low boil on medium-high heat, stirring constantly
3. Continue cooking for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Remove the icing from heat and cool by stirring for 1 minute.
5. Drizzle the icing over the cake in overlapping swirles to the desired amount using a spoon.
6. If desired, sprinkle additional chopped pecans on top of the icing.
7. Store any leftover icing in the refridgerator for use as an ice cream topping.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (185g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 128 (26%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 14.3g||19 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 178.6mg||55 %|
|Sodium 117.5mg||4 %|
|Potassium 195.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 87.1g||26 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 86.1g|
|Protein 7.1g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 491
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!