Winter is coming and what's better than a tropical vacation- this recipe uses the flavors of the favorite Caribbean dishes - Jerk Chicken and Meat Pies and makes tasty burgers everyone will like. You can make them as spicy as you like with any hot sauce. I like Caulfield's Smokey Red Pepper and chipotle sauce. Serve with griddled pineapple to complete the meal. This will definately kick up your burger game!
1. Place beef and sausage filling in large bowl to combine. To remove sausage from it casings, just put pressure on one end and press and the meat mixture will come out of the casing
2. By hand or In a food processor chop the green pepper and onion to a very fine blend.
3. Stir in eggs, bread crumbs, and Jerk seasoning to the vegetable mixture . Allow to rest 3 minutes to combine
4. Add hot sauce if you like-
4. Working with clean hands work the bread vegetable mixture into the meat. Mix thoroughly to combine
5. Lastly, mix in 1/2 cup mango salsa. Form into 8 burgers. TIP- I use a 1/2 cup measure to make the burgers, it makes them very easy and uniform.
Preheat Oven to 375 Degree F
Place burgers on lightly oiled sheet pan .
Place in hot oven and cook for 15-18 minutes
Burgers can be cooked on a hot skillet you will need little more oil on your pan to prevent burning about 8 - 10 minutes depending on size. Cook on HIGH heat for 3 minutes then reduce the heat to medium to prevent burning
Finished patty will be firm to the touch and light brown. 165 degree internal temperature
Mix the second 1/2 cup of mango salsa with mayonnaise and hot sauce if you like. Serve on top of burgers
Toast burger buns if desired.
Place burger on on bun top with sliced avocado, lettuce leaves and more mango mango mayonnaise
Mango Mayonnaise is a decedent sandwich topping. If the salsa seems like it has too much juice, drain it for a minute or two before adding mayonnaise Add hot sauce to your .taste. These can be made as hot or spicy as you like its up to you!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (196g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 157 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17.5g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 146.9mg||45 %|
|Sodium 184mg||6 %|
|Potassium 367.8mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.1g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 6.8g|
|Protein 15.3g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 255
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!