1. Put oven in middle position and preheat to 450 F.
2. Stir together the melted butter and oil in a cup.
3. Scrub and peel potatoes. Thinly slice using slicer or sharp knife. Toss with 2 tablespoons of butter mixture, salt and pepper and half of the chopped herbs in a large bowl.
4. Heat remaining butter mixture in a 10-inch heavy ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Spread one layer of potatoes evenly in skillet. Toss remaining potatoes with cheese and spread evenly over first layer of potatoes with a spatula, pressing down gently. Cook 3 minutes, then transfer skillet to oven and cook, uncovered, pressing top occasionally with spatula until potatoes are tender and top is starting to brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Invert potato cake onto a serving plate and cut into wedges. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped herbs and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 277 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 31g||41 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.1g||86 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 68.7mg||21 %|
|Sodium 4.2mg||0 %|
|Potassium 23.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.8g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 0.5g|
|Protein 0.4g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 277
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!