1. Wash and dry chicken, cut into cubes and set aside.
2. Combine ground coconut, chopped chilies, ginger, garlic and cashew nuts and cubed chicken in a bowl. Add sour cream and salt to bowl. Stir with ladle and let the mixture stand for at least 15 minutes.
3. Heat oil in a pan until hot and add onion, coriander and curry powder. Stir until onion is opaque but not brown.
4. Add chicken mixture from bowl into pan. Lower heat to simmer. Stir constantly and toss mixture until chicken is cooked.
5. Add chopped tomato and lower heat to mixture and continue stirring until tomatoes are soft. Add lime juice and serve mixture over cooked rice or egg noodles.
Make sure you have all your ingredients set aside in containers before you start preparing this recipe. This recipe was found in a book called "Ceylon Cookery"
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (207g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 115 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.8g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.5g||28 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 97mg||30 %|
|Sodium 121.3mg||4 %|
|Potassium 512mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 4.9g|
|Protein 34.7g||50 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 281
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.