1. Steam the chicken in a steamer for about 20 minutes till cooked. Retain the chicken stock which is formed when the meat juices seep into the water used for steaming.
2. When the chicken has cooled slightly, rub Chinese cooking wine and 1/4 tsp of salt on both the outside and inside.
3. Allow the chicken to cool completely before cutting it up into serving slices. Set aside.
4. Add sesame oil, four slices of ginger and rice to a heated wok. Stir fry the rice for around 12 minutes until it turns translucent and the moisture has evaporated from it.
5. Transfer the rice to a rice cooker. Add five cups of the reserved chicken stock, 1/4 tsp of salt and two cloves of garlic, and cook the rice.
6. Blend the chillies with four slices of ginger and a clove of garlic.
7. To the chilli paste, stir in sugar and 1/4 tsp of salt.
8. Serve the chicken slices with the cucumber and chilli sauce on the side
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (611g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 486 (39%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 54g||72 %|
|Saturated Fat 15.1g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.2g|
|Cholesterol 252mg||78 %|
|Sodium 275.4mg||9 %|
|Potassium 1125.9mg||30 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 109g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 107.3g|
|Protein 72.9g||104 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1237
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!