Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter, mix well. Press evenly over the bottom and side of a round pan using your hand (prefer a springform pan for cheesecakes). Insert wax or parchment paper on bottom of springform pan plate (before adding graham cracker crumbs) to seal pan, then cut off excess paper that is hanging out from bottom of pan. If you don't have a springform pan, a cake pan can be used.
Cream Cheese Filling:
- Mix the cream cheese and sugar together on a low speed, using the paddle attachment until completely smooth. (Don't forget to scrape the paddle and the bowl during this step.)
- Mix in the cornstarch, lemon juice, lemon zest, and vanilla. Mix until smooth, scraping down the side and the bottom of bowl.
- Add the eggs and the egg yolks a few at a time, blending thoroughly after each addition.
- Add the sour cream.
- Pour batter into the pan that you had prepared over the graham crust.
- Place the cake pan into another deep pan suitable for adding hot water around the pan reaching about halfway up the sides (when using a springform pan to prevent water from seeping in from the bottom use aluminum foil to cover outside of your spring foam pan... make sure foil is high enough so water won't get into your spring foam pan.)
- Bake at 350 degrees until set, approx. 50 minutes (depends on your oven).
- Cool and refrigerate.
In a small sauce pan on medium heat add in heavy cream. Once cream starts to boil add chocolate and butter, slowly whisk until melted. Let it slightly cool than pour on top of cake.
Optional: May add 1 tablespoon of dark rum to ganache mix or sprinkle some crushed peanuts, pecans, walnuts etc. over ganache. Be creative may also add fruits if you like!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (94g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 198 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.9g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.1g||65 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 65mg||20 %|
|Sodium 142.8mg||5 %|
|Potassium 88.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.7g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 27.2g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 314
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.