1) Place the rice and 2 cups water in a pot, and bring to a boil.
2) Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
3) Pour the remaining 10 cups water into a large pot, and bring to a boil.
4) Place chicken in the pot. Stir in kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass, green onions, garlic, tomatoes, fish sauce, mushrooms, cilantro, red chile peppers, and tamarind soup base.
5) Cook chicken 30 minutes, or until juices run clear.
6) Remove chicken from pot, debone, and chop.
7) Return meat to the soup, and discard bones.
8) Serve over cooked rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1046g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 34 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 3.8g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 68.4mg||21 %|
|Sodium 1964.3mg||68 %|
|Potassium 646.5mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 30.2g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.3g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 27.9g|
|Protein 31.2g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 277
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.