1. In a large soup pot, fry the bacon until thoroughly cooked. Drain, saving grease.
2. Add chopped celery and onion to bacon with 1/2 cup (or so) of water. Saute until vegetables are translucent.
3. Add potatoes and enough water to just cover and bring to a low boil. Cook until potatoes are cooked through.
4. Add corn and bring to boil again.
5. Make a roux in a small pot by heating bacon grease and slowly adding flour, stirring until smooth and bubbly. Add evaporated milk very slowly to avoid lumps.
6. Add roux to the soup pot and bring to a low boil. Do not allow the boil to come to a "roll."
7. Add boiled egg to soup, and salt and pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (170g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 96 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.7g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.8g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 52mg||16 %|
|Sodium 196.9mg||7 %|
|Potassium 590.6mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.4g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 22.5g|
|Protein 6.9g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 222
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!