The creamy cheesecake is covered in a layer of homemade lemon curd - a citrus lover's delight! It requires patience and planning ahead to make, but it's well worth the trouble.
1. Prepare pan: place a 9-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 inch square). Securely wrap foil around and up the outer sides of the pan. Preheat oven to 325(F) degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Press into the bottom of prepared pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 degrees for 6-9 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth, scraping sides of the bowl frequently. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over crust. Place springform pan inside a large baking pan; add 1 inch of boiling water to the larger pan.
4. Bake at 325(F) degrees for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Combine sour cream, 4 teaspoons sugar, and vanilla; spread over top of cheesecake. Bake 10 minutes longer. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool one hour longer.
5. In a small heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and 1/2 cup of sugar. Stir in water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thicke4ned and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir two minutes longer. Remove from heat.
6. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg yolk (1 tablespoon at a time); once egg yolks have warmed up, return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir two minutes longer. Remove from heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, butter and lemon peel. Cool to room temperature without stirring.
7. Once lemon curd has cooled, spread over cheesecake. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan just before serving.
From tasteofhome.com/healthycooking (Anne Henry of Toronto, Ontario)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (109g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 108 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12g||16 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 82.2mg||25 %|
|Sodium 268.1mg||9 %|
|Potassium 153.7mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 26.3g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 26.1g|
|Protein 5.4g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 232
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.