1. Add milk to a large sauce pot and whisk in cinnamon, salt and sugar until thoroughly combined. Bring milk to a gentle boil over medium heat, whisking occasionally. Keep a close eye being careful not to scorch the milk.
2. Meanwhile, place rice in a mesh strainer and rinse until water comes out clear - about 2 minutes.
3. When milk comes to a boil, add rice then simmer on low for 20-25 minutes until liquid is mostly absorbed.
4. Using a fork, mix cornstarch with a few tablespoons of cold water then add to the pot. Continue cooking the pudding until mixture begins to thicken - about 1-2 minutes.
5. Stir in raisins then remove from the heat. Divide pudding evenly between 6 small ramekins or dessert dishes. Serve warm, at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (33g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 7 (19%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 2mg||1 %|
|Sodium 11.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 95.7mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.4g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 6.9g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 37
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!