This super decadent confection is the love child of your basic monkey bread recipe crossed with your favorite chocolate glazed doughnut. Basically, a giant Bundt pan of sweet and gooey pull-apart oblivion. This anytime recipe is one you’ll want to add to the books -- ape-solutely perfect for brunch, breakfast, dessert… or just because. And, perfect for sharing with your prime-mates!
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cream, butter, sugar, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Butter or spray (spray is best) a standard 10-cup capacity bundt pan.
4. Cut doughnuts into bite-sized pieces and line the bottom of the bundt pan with 6 cups worth of cubed doughnuts.
5. Pour egg mixture over doughnuts and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until doughnut pudding begins to puff and turn golden.
7. Meanwhile, in a medium glass bowl, combine chocolate chips, butter, salt, corn syrup, and heavy cream. In the microwave, melt in 30-second increments, stirring in between, until smooth and glossy. Drizzle over warm monkey bread.
For Bundt-style baking, we recommend baking spray laced with flour to grease every nook and cranny of our pan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (33g)|
|Recipe Makes: 16 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (82%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||18 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 118mg||36 %|
|Sodium 142.2mg||5 %|
|Potassium 38.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.3g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.3g|
|Protein 3.3g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 77
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!