1. If needed, melt peanut butter with honey on stove or in microwave until easy to stir.
2. Mix in vanilla, oats and skim milk until thoroughly combined. (Add enough milk so mixture isn't dry.)
3. Line an 8 x 8 glass or metal pan with foil, then press peanut butter oat mixture evenly into the pan.
4. Freeze for 1 hour before cutting into 8 bars.
5. Store bars in freezer or refrigerator. If freezing, you might want to let your bars thaw out a bit before eating.
There are so many variations of this recipe that work really well. You can add in chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut or use another type of nut butter. You may need to adjust your wet ingredients depending on how thick your nut butter is. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (79g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 195 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 21.7g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.3g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0.1mg||0 %|
|Sodium 192.5mg||7 %|
|Potassium 105.9mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.4g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 26.4g|
|Protein 13.6g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 360
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.