Serving size: Serves 4
1. In 3-quart sauce pan, combine olive oil, onions and garlic.
2. Cook on High (425 degrees) until onions and garlic are lightly browned.
3. Add white wine, tomatoes, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper and simmer sauce for about 15 minutes.
4. Keep sauce warm on Medium-Low (175 degrees) while you prepare eggplant.
5. Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch thick slices.
6. Lightly season eggplant with salt; rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
7. Rinse salt off eggplant and pat dry.
8. In small bowl, beat eggs.
9. In separate bowl, toss olive oil in bread crumbs.
10. Dredge eggplant in flour, then eggs, and finally bread crumbs. Be sure slices are completely coated in bread crumbs.
11. Place slices on 3-inch rack and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through.
12. Once there is 1-2 minutes left in cooking process, pause Oven and add cheese to each eggplant slice and finish cooking.
13. Pour prepared sauce onto platter and top with eggplant slices.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (727g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 354 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.3g||52 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.1g||90 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.9g|
|Cholesterol 96mg||30 %|
|Sodium 2376.1mg||82 %|
|Potassium 1049mg||28 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 99.8g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 12.8g||51 %|
|Sugars, other 87g|
|Protein 45.2g||65 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 931
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.