Yummy!! Easy, tasty and not overly sweet. Great for sandwiches or to just eat plain. I've always liked sweet things, so for some people you may want to use a little less honey. This is my new fav!!
1. In a small measuring cup, sprinkle yeast over lukewarm water. Let stand for 3 minutes, then stir to dissolve yeast. Set bowl in warm place for five minutes.
2. Combine egg, honey, coriander, cinnamon, cloves, and salt in a deep bowl, mixing with a whisk. Add yeast mixture, milk, and 4 Tblsp. of melted butter, mixing well. Stir in flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until mixture forms a stiff dough.
3. Knead on a lightly floured surface for about five minutes, until smooth and elastic. Shape into bowl coated with butter. Cover with towel and allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about an hour.
4. After dough has risen, spread remaining butter over a 2 quart souffle dish or other 3 quart dish at least 3 inches deep. Punch dough down, knead again for another 2-3 minutes, shape into a round loaf and place it in dish to cover.
5. Allow to rise another hour until it reaches the top rim of the dish. Bake at 300 degrees F for 50-60 minutes until top is crusty and golden brown. Turn bread out of pan and set on a rack to cool.
3 hours | 2 hours prep
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Loaf (2198g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Loaf|
|Calories from Fat: 8479 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 942.1g||1256 %|
|Saturated Fat 591.3g||2957 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 244.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 38.2g|
|Cholesterol 2686.3mg||827 %|
|Sodium 6755.6mg||233 %|
|Potassium 1726.8mg||45 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 553.7g||163 %|
|Dietary Fiber 23.8g||95 %|
|Sugars, other 529.9g|
|Protein 90.6g||129 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 10874
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.