1. Lay half of the tortilla chips on one large metal baking pan, reducing as much overlap of chips as possible. It is easiest to use shallow pans with a small lip.
2. Sprinkle half of the shredded cheeses evenly over chips.
3. Repeat with remaining chips and cheese.
4. Broil until cheese is mostly melted. This should only take a couple minutes.
5. Pull pan out of oven and spoon beans, corn, red bell pepper, hot green chilies, onions and jalapenos on top of chips.
6. Turn oven off then place pan back in warm oven for a couple more minutes.
7. Take pan out of oven again and spoon salsa and guacamole on top of chips. Finally sprinkle shredded lettuce on top.
The spiciness mostly depends on what type of salsa you decide to use (mild, medium or spicy).
The cheese tastes best if you shred it yourself but you can save time by buying the cheese shredded already.
Reduced fat jack cheese cuts down on the fat content and does not compromise the overall flavor.
These nachos are also tasty with caramelized onion or sliced green onion and sour cream.
*How to caramelize onion: Slice onion (not too thin or it will burn). Heat about 2 teaspoons canola oil over medium heat, then add the onion. Reduce the heat to low and let the onion cook for about 30 minutes. Stir occasionally so the onions don't burn. Optional - you can stir in a pinch of granulated sugar when you add the onion to the hot pan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (75g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 4.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 157.5mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 2.8g|
|Protein 0.8g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 21
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.