1. Put the cukes in a colander over a bowl and tosee with half of the salt. Let them sit for 30 minutes to draw out the juices.
2. Drain and rinse the cucumbers. Put them in food processer with 3/4 of the chopped bell pepper (save rest for garnish), 1/2 of the avocado (save rest for garnish), the onion, remaining salt and the pepper and puree. Transfer puree to a large bowl.
3. Add the croutons, garlic, and herbs to the same food processor bowl (no need to clean it). Process until the bread becomes crumbs and the herbs are fully chopped. Add the oil and the vinegar to the mixture and process briefly to thoroughly combine.
4. Add the bread mixture and 1 cup water to the cucumber puree and stir until well blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
5. Let come to a cool room temperature before serving. Taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper if needed. Thin with a bit of water if too thick. Top with reserved bell pepper and avocado pieces. Drizzle with a small amount of olive oil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (429g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 184 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.4g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 1315.3mg||45 %|
|Potassium 791.3mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.5g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.4g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 53.1g|
|Protein 10.1g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 457
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!