Sponge Cake is easy and fun to make.This cake is one of my favorite.
1. Sift the flour and baking powder three times.
2. Melt the butter in a small pan over low heat. Let cool.
3. Separate the egg whites and yolks. Beat egg whites until they become white and frothy. Add sugar little by little and continue beating until sugar dissolves.
4. Next add the egg yolks and beat about 5 minutes. After that, add in the dry ingredients, melted butter, and vanilla. Mix well using a rubber spatula.
5. Pour the sponge cake batter into an 11-inch round pan that has been greased with butter and floured.
6. Preheat oven to 180 C degrees and bake the cake for 30 minutes.
7. The cake is ready when you can lightly press on it with your finger and it bounces back. (and also when a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.)
8. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
9. Serve and enjoy.
10. see my website
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (94g)|
|Recipe Makes: 25 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 430 (85%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.7g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.7g||148 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 189.8mg||58 %|
|Sodium 436.9mg||15 %|
|Potassium 44.3mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.7g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 18.6g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 507
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.