1. Heat saucepot over medium heat until hot.
2. Add cumin and toast 1 minute or until aromatic.
3. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until beginning to brown and stick to the pot, about 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes with their juice and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Add lentils, broth, 2 cups water, coconut milk, and lemon juice. Bring to boil.
6. Reduce heat to low, Cover and simmer 30-35 minutes or until lentils are tender, stirring occasionally.
7. Remove from heat and stir in kale and salt.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (116g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 83 (33%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.2g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 88.7mg||3 %|
|Potassium 455.3mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.3g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.7g||23 %|
|Sugars, other 26.7g|
|Protein 13.4g||19 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 253
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!