1. Remove sausage from casings in small pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned, breaking up any larger pieces, about 5-7 minutes. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Add garlic and onion to the skillet. Saute until soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Add 2 tablespoons of the basil, add the thyme, oregano and red pepper flakes to the pan and continue cooking for 1-2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, beans and wine to the pan, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Return sausage to sauce and add spinach, stirring until spinach is wilted. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
5. While sauce is simmering, add linguine to boiling salted water and cook according to package instructions. Drain.
6. Add pasta to the sauce in the skillet and stir until thoroughly combined. Toss in remaining 2 tablespoons of basil. Salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve immediately with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
I used sweet Italian turkey sausage links and removed the sausage from the casings. If you like a little more heat, use hot Italian turkey sausage. You can use any white beans such as navy, great northern or cannellini.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (378g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 198 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.3g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 60.9mg||19 %|
|Sodium 1093mg||38 %|
|Potassium 629.1mg||17 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.3g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 10.7g|
|Protein 29g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 364
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!