1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) Grease and flour a 9x13 inch pan.
3) Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa and salt. Set aside.
4) Melt the shortening in the boiling water, then stir into the flour mixture until blended.
5) Beat in the eggs, then stir in the vanilla.
6) Pour batter into prepared pan.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8) Allow to cool.
9) Use 1 serving for 9 X 13 X 1.5
10) For Mufiins double recipe and add, walnuts, rasins or Chopped Dates
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (527g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 985 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 109.4g||146 %|
|Saturated Fat 43.7g||218 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 46.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.5g|
|Cholesterol 474mg||146 %|
|Sodium 6568.3mg||226 %|
|Potassium 1117.6mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 229.8g||68 %|
|Dietary Fiber 21.2g||85 %|
|Sugars, other 208.6g|
|Protein 45.8g||65 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2034
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.