For the filling:
1. In a bowl, marinate the beef in the garlic, sesame oil, brown sugar, fresh ginger, 1 tablespoon of the sesame seeds, soy sauce, water, half of the scallions and the fruit juice selected. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
For the arepas:
1. In a bowl, combine the water and salt and gradually add the P.A.N. Pre-cooked White Cornmeal. Blend for 2 minutes until a smooth dough is formed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal-sized portions. Next, shape the dough into balls and flatten into 4- to 5-inch thick disks with the palm of your hand.
3. Set a griddle to medium heat and pan-fry the arepas for 5 minutes per side.
4. Meanwhile, cook the beef using a griddle, pan or grill.
5. Remove from the heat. Next, slice the arepas open on one side and fill each with a portion of the beef. Finish with the remaining scallions and the sesame seeds.
6. Serve hot.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (371g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 166 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.5g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.1g|
|Cholesterol 50.7mg||16 %|
|Sodium 58.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1104.8mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14.6g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.8g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 11.8g|
|Protein 18.8g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 291
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!