1. Rub the lamb cubes with harissa paste and set aside.
2. Chop vegetables, drain chickpeas & make up chicken stock in a jug
1. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add lamb and brown for approximately 5 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the pan and add the onions and a little more oil if needed. Cook gently for around 10 minutes until softened but not coloured.
3. Return the lamb to the pan, and stir in the tomatoes and cinnamon*. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tomatoes have softened.
4. Stir in the chickpeas, stock and saffron well. Bring to the boil and then lower the heat and simmer uncovered for around an hour. Check periodically and season to taste if necessary. You should end up with around half the original quantity of liquid remaining at the end of cooking.**
5. Cook the couscous following the instructions on the packet.**
* Alternative to just cinnamon are the small jars/tins of Moroccan spices you can pick up in supermarkets. Adjust the amounts to your liking, but you may have to add 2-3 spoons of these.
** Serve the couscous as a separate side dish.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (276g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 20 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.2g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 13.6mg||0 %|
|Potassium 626.7mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.8g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 9g|
|Protein 2.5g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 72
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!