1. For sauce, in a large saucepan cook sausage, onion, and garlic until meat is brown. Drain.
2. Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, fennel seeds (if desired), and pepper into meat mixture. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, cook noodles for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender but still firm. Drain noodles; rinse with cold water. Drain well; set aside.
4. For filling, combine egg, ricotta, and the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
5. Spread about 1/2 cup of the sauce over the bottom of a 2-quart rectangular baking dish. Layer half of the cooked noodles in the bottom of the dish, trimming or overlapping as necessary to fit. Spread with half of the filling. Top with half of the remaining sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. If desired, sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
6. Place baking dish on a baking sheet. Bake in a 375 F oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until heated through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Make-ahead directions: Prepare as above through step 5. Cover unbaked lasagna; chill for up to 24 hours. To serve, bake, covered, in a 375 F oven for 40 minutes. Uncover; bake about 20 minutes more or until heated through. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (225g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8|
|Calories from Fat: 202 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.4g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.2g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 88mg||27 %|
|Sodium 712.4mg||25 %|
|Potassium 453.5mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 8.1g|
|Protein 20.2g||29 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 320
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.