1. Cook noodles in large pan of boiling water for 10-12 minutes
2. Prepare sauce: in a medium saucepan cook meat, onion, and garlic until meat is brown.
Stir in undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and pepper
Bring to boil then reduce heat.
Cover, let simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally
3. Prepare cheese filling: in mixing bowl combine egg, ricotta, Parmesan, and parsley
4. Layer ingredients into a 2 quart rectangular baking dish in the following order:
a. Half the cooked noodles
b. half the cheese filling
c. Half the meat sauce
d. Half the mozzarella cheese
e. remaining noodles
f. Remaining cheese filling
g. Remaining meat sauce
h. Remaining mozzarella
I. Sprinkle any additional Parmesan cheese on top.
5. Bake in 375C oven for 30 to 35 minutes
6. Let stand for 10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (229g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 118 (45%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.2g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 6g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 86.7mg||27 %|
|Sodium 219.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 516mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.4g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 16.6g|
|Protein 18g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 263
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!