If you have time, pull the chickens from the refrigerator about 20 minutes before cooking. A room temperature chicken will cook faster, rather than placing a cold bird in the oven.
1. Preheat oven to 500°F and place the rack in the middle of the oven.
2. Remove any neck or liver pieces from chicken cavity.
3. Rinse chickens in cold water, pat dry, and place on aluminum foil lined baking sheet or set side by side in a large roasting pan.
4. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, Herbes de Provence, salt & pepper, paprika, and garlic.
5. Use hands or pastry brush to evenly coat both chickens with olive oil mixture and stuff the cavity with onion and lemon.
6. Roast 15 minutes in the preheated oven, then reduce heat to 450°F and continue roasting 15 minutes.
7. Baste chicken with pan drippings, reduce heat to 425°F, and continue roasting 25 - 30 minutes. Chicken is done when internal juices are clear and the temperature between the thigh and cavity is at least 155°. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes.
8. Slice breasts, thighs and wings off one chicken for meal.
Slice the breasts off the second chicken and store in a Ziploc
Shred the thighs and drumsticks from the second chicken and store in a Ziploc bag.
Before storing, squeeze the cooled lemons over the top of the
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (542g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 650 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 72.2g||96 %|
|Saturated Fat 20.2g||101 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 30.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.3g|
|Cholesterol 345mg||106 %|
|Sodium 325.9mg||11 %|
|Potassium 1034.6mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10.2g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.6g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 6.6g|
|Protein 87g||124 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1042
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.