1. Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
2. Add: onion, carrots, celery, garlic, salt, pepper. Sautee (5-8 min) until all vegetables are tender.
3. Add: tomatoes with their juices. Simmer (about 8 min), stirring occasionally, until juices evaporate a little and tomatoes break down.
4. Add: lentils. Mix to coat.
5. Add: broth, thyme. Bring to a boil over high heat.
6. Cover, simmer over low heat (about 30 min), until lentils are almost tender.
7. Add: pasta. Simmer (about 8 min) until pasta is tender but still firm to the bite.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
It's okay to use grated parmesan instead of fresh. Just remember it won't really "melt", but will give about the same flavor.
Chop the carrots and celery ahead of time to save time!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (690g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 69 (14%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.6g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 36.9mg||11 %|
|Sodium 1338.9mg||46 %|
|Potassium 1466.3mg||39 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 71.8g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 25g||100 %|
|Sugars, other 46.8g|
|Protein 36.6g||52 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 500
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.