1) Fill a large bowl with ice water. Peel and rinse potatoes. Cut each potato into 4-5 slices lengthwise, then cut each piece into fries. Place the fries in the ice water.
2) Halve the avocados and remove the pits. Dice the avocados into a medium bowl. Mash the avocados with back of a fork until you reach the desired consistency. Fold in the lime juice, Roma tomato, and jalapeno. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Line a plate with paper towels. Add the chorizo to the skillet and cook until browned, 5-8 minutes, then transfer to the lined plate to drain. Lightly clean the skillet and lower the heat to medium-low. Add the Velveeta and Rotel. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cheese has melted. Fold in the chorizo and place on a very low burner until ready to use.
4) Fill a large, heavy-bottomed pot with a few inches of Canola oil. Heat the oil to 300 degrees.
5) Drain and rinse the potatoes under cold water for 15-20 seconds. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and blot with the paper towels to dry them. Line a second baking sheet with fresh paper towels.
6) Fry the potatoes in 2 batches until they are slightly softened but have no color, 3-4 minutes. Remove to the fresh paper towels to drain.
7) Heat the oil to 400 degrees; line a third baking sheet with fresh paper towels. Fry the potatoes in 2 batches until golden and crisp, 2-3 minutes. Drain on the paper towels.
8) Sprinkle the seasoning salt over the fries, then toss and place on a platter.
9) Top the fries with half of the queso con chorizo followed by the guacamole, sour cream, and cilantro. Transfer the remaining queso to a serving bowl and serve alongside the fries.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (507g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 839 (72%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 93.3g||124 %|
|Saturated Fat 37.5g||187 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 36.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.8g|
|Cholesterol 198.9mg||61 %|
|Sodium 4322.5mg||149 %|
|Potassium 1703.4mg||45 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.8g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13g||52 %|
|Sugars, other 24.8g|
|Protein 50.2g||72 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1161
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.