1) Heat large soup pot over med-high heat, about 3 minutes.
2) Sprinkle chicken enthusiastically with salt and pepper...don't be shy!
3) Add the coconut oil to the heated pot and allow it to melt, then add the chicken in a single layer and brown well on both sides. Don't crowd the pan; cook in batches if you need to. Transfer the browned chicken to a bowl.
4) In the same pot, cook the onion and ginger until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
5) Add the garlic, coriander, cayenne, and bay leaf; cook until fragrant; about 30 seconds.
6) Add the tomatoes and water, stirring to combine.
7) Nestle the chicken into the sauce (with all its juices from the bowl). Increase the heat to bring to a boil, then reduce and simmer, covered, for 25 minutes.
8) Remove the chicken from the pot; it will be very tender. Use two wooden spoons to separate the chicken into large pieces.
9) Add the almond butter and vanilla to the pot, and mix to combine.
10) Return the chicken to the pot and combine thoroughly; cover and warm through for about 5 minutes.
11) Serve with fresh parsley for garnish. Add butter on top if you desire more fat.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (228g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 260 (66%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.9g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.3g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.6g|
|Cholesterol 124.7mg||38 %|
|Sodium 2001.4mg||69 %|
|Potassium 590.3mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 9.4g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 7.5g|
|Protein 26.1g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 393
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!