Great Sweet Potato Casserole. Yield below indicates 8 Recipe states for 6-9 people - which is usually enough for 1 party of approx 18- 20 people in medium size rectangular ovenable dish.
1/2 cup butter = 1 stick, 1/2 stick for potatoes, 1/2 stick for topping
Light Brown Sugar - 2 tablespoons used for potatoes, 1/4 cup used for topping.
Pecans or Walnuts could be used in this recipe. (I use Pecans)
1. Warm potatoes in pot before mashing.
2. Beat on medium speed until smooth and butter is melted: Swt Potatoes, 1/4 cup butter = 1/2 stick, and 1/4 cup of Lt Brown Sugar
3. Beat in: 2 eggs, 2/3 cup orange juice, no pulp, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp grnd nutmeg.
4. Beat until smooth
1. Combine in bowl with pastry blender until mixture is coarse crumbs: 1/3 cup all purpose flour, 1/4 cup uncooked old fashioned oats, 1/4 cup lt brn sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup butter = 1/2 stick -ix
2. Add pecans 1/3 cup to above topping mixture.
1. Sprinkle topping over potatoes and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. (For crispier topping, broil 5 inches from heat for 2-3 minutes until golden brown).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (26g)|
|Recipe Makes: 20 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 10 (21%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 42.3mg||13 %|
|Sodium 15.4mg||1 %|
|Potassium 43.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 7.5g|
|Protein 1.7g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 48
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!