1) Mix first 10 ingredients together very thoroughly
2) Place 1/2 teaspoonful mix onto center of each won ton wrapper.
3) Moisten edges of wrapper
4) Fold wrapper into triangle with points up, not quite matching
5) Fold left bottom point to about 2/3rd length of bottom
6) Fold right bottom point over the left point
7) Moisten with water to seal all the way around
8) Place finished won tons on cookie sheet and cover with a moist towel. (Okay to lean one against another to save space)
9) Deep fry at 400 degrees for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
9a) - OR - spray with Canola oil and bake at 410 degrees for 5 to 10 minutes.
10) Refrigerate leftovers (Ha! Ha!) and reheat at 350 until crispy
11) May make these ahead, seal tightly and freeze until ready to fry.
Allow lots of time. WE usually fold won tons an evening or two before needed while watching a movie
When looking for won ton wrappers (in fresh vege section) check expiration dates. I've gotten out dated ones more than once.
Avoid the brand called "Louie's" (Thunderbird). The wrappers are stuck together too often. Fortune brand is good.
If you seal these well, it's okay to freeze them.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (107g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 170 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.9g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.7g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 63.5mg||20 %|
|Sodium 364.4mg||13 %|
|Potassium 277.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.5g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.1g|
|Protein 15.6g||22 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 242
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!